Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Jerusalem

I'm in Jerusalem. Traveled by train from the airport. Though it was a longer journey than going direct by bus or taxi, I always think it's fun to travel by train.

The remodeled Ben Gurion Airport is incredibly nicer than it used to be! I've checked in to my residents at AISH Ha'Torah, and I'll be learning and living across from The Western Wall (Kotel) for the next month.

Though coming from India to Israel has made the Israelis abrupt demenor stick out, there's a feeling I get here that would never happen anywhere else. Probably most obviously distinguishable as a connection to my own heritage, traditions, and roots. I can't put my finger on it right now, but I will hopefully be able to better describe it as the next month goes by...

I've been to Israel twice before, but this is the first time I've felt a comfortable sense of familiarity of my surrondings in Jerusalem; from the surface level recognition of modern culture to the deep sense of spirituality that's hidden inside the walls. Walking in the Old City at night is quite and nice, and I'm sure I'll be hangin' out by the Rachov (Center of the Judaic Quarter) playing some fiddle and enjoying the town. Lilah Tov ~~ Good night.

No comments: