Sunday, March 13, 2005

Navel Pizza

I was getting hungry, and stopped in a local food joint in the capital of Goa, and asked,
"Can I have a simple Tomato-pizza?"
"Simple Potatoe. sure. sure."
"No, plain. Plain pizza."
"Ah! Tomato! yes, no probs."

Not worrying about what I actually might get on my pizza for the moment, at sat down and browsed a brochure of the Navel Academy. It was located in Goa.

Curious as to where it was located, I approached the counter and asked the pizza guy, "Do you know where the Navel Academy is?"
"Yes!" He responded enthusiastically. A little surprised, I was hopefully anticipating that it would be close by, however my thoughts were cut short when he continued his response, "Yes! Yes! Your pizza IS ready, sir!"

oy. Tomato-Potato :: Navel Academy-Pizza :: I guess those words sound the same when you don't speak the same language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible for you to get a book with pictures to carry with you-to show the people serving you what you really want? It must be fun to wait and see what surprise they will bring you each time. Was the pizza good? Love, Na Na

~ Yoshi :-) said...

It was a dominos pizza, so it tasted exactly like it does in the United States.