Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Loo

The particular McDonalds resturaunt I visited also had a common sink area, with a uni-sex toliet. Nicer resturaunts have air-dryers (not paper towels), as paper goods (toliet paper, paper towels, napkins) are not common in this culture. Though, napkins are more common than paper towels and toliet paper.

And I'm sure you might be wondering by now about my experience in a public restroom. Well, I haven't been brave enough to try one yet. It was a surprise to me to find that the schools (both college and elementary schools) do not have toliet paper either. Instead there are toliet bowls built into the ground, and either a hose or a bucket for sanitary purposes. The nicer resturaunts and hotels have "sittable-toliets" and toliet-paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh! You might remember me, maybe not. I'm karen, your Mom's freind in EP, Texas! I think it's absolutely wonderful that you are able to visit India. What a difference in culture! I'm looking forward to reading more of your comments.

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh, this is such a great thing blogging! Hope all continues to go well and you get together with Elise when she comes back.

Anonymous said...

Josh....I'm the nurse at Daffron and your mom tuned me in to your site. I have so enjoyed reading of your ventures and experiences. Quite impressed with your writing abilities. It should not surprise me seeing how creative you are in all things. God has blessed you with many talents....a sweet spirit as well. Your mom is so proud of you and loves you with her whole heart!!Take good care of yourself and enjoy some delicious spicey Indian food for me! Try some Korma (chicken is best).It's one of our family favorites. Course everything is regional and you might not be able to get it where you are. I will be praying God's protection and blessings over you! Linda MacDonald